BOMA/Suburban Chicago announces local TOBY Award winners
BOMA/Suburban Chicago celebrated the value of teamwork at the “The TOBY Dinner – A Celebration of Teamwork” on Nov. 4.
The highlight of the evening was the announcement of winners of the local TOBY (The Outstanding Building of the Year) Award competition. Attendees enjoyed a humorous motivational talk from guest speaker, Conor Cunneen, who shared his gift of “GAB” – Goals, Attitude and Behavior with the dinner audience.
Through the prestigious TOBY program, BOMAs around the world recognize properties that exemplify outstanding quality and management practices. The TOBY is not a beauty contest, but a management award. BOMA/Suburban Chicago is proud to announce five local winners this year.
These properties were selected for the effectiveness of their overall management in 11 categories. Judges thoroughly examined the entrants through detailed property inspections, floor plans, in the entry portfolios and over two days inspecting mechanical rooms, climbing on roofs, and scoring entry portfolios.
The 2016 Local TOBY Award winners from BOMA/Suburban Chicago are:
- In the 100,000 – 249,999 Square Feet Category, the winner is: 909 Davis Street in Evanston Managed by NAI Hiffman.
- In the 250,000-499,999 Square Feet Category, the winner is: Parkview Plaza in Oakbrook Terrace Managed by NAI Hiffman.
- In the Renovated Building Category, the winner is: 5215 Old Orchard in Skokie Managed by Millbrook Properties.
- In the Suburban Office Park – Low Rise Category, the winner is: Naperville Woods Office Center in Naperville Managed by NAI Hiffman.
- In the Suburban Office Park – Mid Rise Category, the winner is: The Corporate Center of Northbrook.
These properties will advance to the Regional level and all Regional winners will be honored, and the International TOBY Award winners announced live on June 28, 2016, at the TOBY Banquet during BOMA 2016 – International Conference & EXPO in Washington, DC.
Source: RE Journals