Business Philosophy 101 Leads to Multiple East-West Corridor Transactions
Oakbrook Terrace, IL – Over the past five years, NAI Hiffman’s Aubrey Van Reken has built her client base and generated transaction after transaction by sticking to the basics, with a focus on cultivating strong business relationships.
“Commercial real estate can be a tough industry to break into and succeed in,” says Aubrey. “Now that I’ve been in it for five years, I’m seeing the hard work pay off by procuring larger assignments and closing more transactions. I have learned the key to being successful in this business is finding how to provide value to clients and taking the time to find creative solutions for each client’s needs.” During her career at NAI Hiffman, Aubrey has completed over 370,000 square feet of commercial real estate transactions.
Specializing in tenant representation in the East-West Suburban Chicago market with select landlord representation, Aubrey assists tenants by identifying and negotiating office alternatives while leveraging their position in the market to obtain favorable lease terms. Aubrey says her groundwork of phone calls, market research, networking, and connecting with clients provided the solid base required to efficiently and effectively serve tenants and landlords.
“It almost sounds cliché to say ‘Hard work pays off,’ ‘Pay attention to the details’ among others,” Aubrey says. “It works.’”
Most recently, Aubrey negotiated five new leases totaling a combined 42,427 square feet of office space in Aurora, Lombard, Downers Grove, Burr Ridge and Wood Dale in Illinois:
- Styrolution America LLC signed a new lease for 22,000 square feet of office space at 4345 Meridian Parkway in Aurora, Illinois. Styrolution America currently has a lab and regional headquarters located within a 65,000-square-foot industrial building in Channahon, Illinois. The new Aurora location accommodates its lab operations expansion as it will be relocating its corporate headquarters there during the 2nd quarter of 2013. Styrolution was represented by NAI Hiffman’s Jim Adler and Aubrey Van Reken. Cody Sundberg with Bradford Allen represented the Meridian Lakes building owner, UBS. Styrolution America LLC is part of the Styrolution Group, a global leading company that is the number one global supplier of styrenics applications in a wide range of industries.
“We appreciated the patience, professionalism and coaching in the search and closing for the office space in the Meridian complex,” said Ed Barnes, Vice President of Polystyrene Americas. “NAI Hiffman’s expertise and knowledge of the local commercial market and leasing process was extremely valuable to Styrolution.”
- American Income Life of Chicago signed a new lease for 6,962 square feet of office space as part of its Chicago office expansion and will move to Lombard in the 1st quarter of 2013. The building, located at 1910 South Highland, fulfilled the tenant’s requirements for heavy parking, a large training room and a convenient location for outside sales team. Aubrey Van Reken represented American Income Life while Ryan Moen and John Millner of Bradford Allen represented the landlord, Servco Inc. American Income Life is one of the nation’s largest providers of supplemental life insurance to labor unions, credit unions and associations.
- Millennia Professional Services (MPS), a consulting and construction firm, is combining its corporate office and lab in a relocation to Downers Grove. The new lease will provide MPS with 6,500 square feet of office space at 2600 Warrenville Road. Aubrey Van Reken represented MPS in the transaction. Tony Russo and James Dunn of Suburban Real Estate Services represented the landlord, 2600 Warrenville LLC.
- Cambridge Wealth Management is relocating to Burr Ridge with a new lease for 2,900 square feet of office space to fulfill its expansion of its pension fund advisory & CPA business. Aubrey Van Reken represented Cambridge Wealth Management while Jamey Dix and Steve Flachbart of Jones Lang LaSalle represented the landlord, TRP 745 McClintock, LLC.
- The Institute for Cardio Thoracic and Vein Surgery, LLC signed a lease for 4,265 square feet of medical office space at 236 East Irving Park Road in Wood Dale. The medical group chose the new location for accommodating its expansion and providing an upgraded facility. Aubrey Van Reken represented the landlord, Peter Verdico, a Trustee of Itasca Bank & Trust.
Source: The Broker List
Also mentioned by Bradford Allen
Also mentioned by CoStar