Chicago Chapter of SIOR announces 11th Annual Chapter Awards
The Chicago Chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors recently presented the 11th Annual Chapter Awards in a presentation held at the society’s luncheon at the Rosewood Restaurant in Rosemont. The Chicago Chapter completed 154 cooperative transactions from 62 members and 11 platinum sponsors totaling more than $919 million in consideration and comprising 32 million square feet as well as 415.55 acres of land.
The awards were developed to recognize those SIOR’s and sponsors for their outstanding achievement throughout the year as well as commend those that are committed to helping other SIOR’s reach their goals.
The following are the individual awards for achievement in 2012:
- Inter Chapter – Largest number of transactions – (Chapter overall – 39 transactions totaling $398,526,344) Individually: John Huguenard, SIOR, of Jones Lang LaSalle
- Intra Chapter – Largest number of transactions – (Chapter overall – 115 transactions totaling $521,234,171) Individually: Ron Behm, SIOR, of Colliers International
- Largest Dollar Volume Industrial Transaction – Michael Flynn, SIOR, for the 1,033,470 square foot lease expansion for the World Kitchen East DC valuing $40,000,000 in Greenscastle, PA. Michael cooperated with Jack Shepley from Harrisburg, PA in this transaction.
- Largest Dollar Volume Industrial – Industrial BTS for Lease, with a Platinum Sponsor– Dan Leahy, SIOR, and Adam Roth, SIOR, represented Platinum Sponsor, CenterPoint Properties in the 1,618,048 square foot build-to-suit for lease in Joliet valued at $120,000,000 and Steve Kohn, SIOR, and the late Jeff Kahn, SIOR, represented the tenant, The Home Depot.
- Largest Dollar Volume Industrial Transaction, Industrial Sale with dual Platinum Sponsors – David Bercu, SIOR, and Ron Behm, SIOR, represented Platinum Sponsor James Campbell Company and Platinum Sponsor Liberty Property Trust for the 723,000 square foot building sale valued at $33,000,000 in Romeoville, IL.
- Largest Dollar Volume Industrial Transaction, Industrial BTS for Lease, with dual Platinum Sponsors – Jack Rosenberg, SIOR, and Mike Senner, SIOR, represented Lawson Products in the 306,000 square foot lease valuing $21,000,000. Vern Schultz, SIOR; Tom Condon, SIOR; and David Bercu, SIOR, represented Platinum Sponsor, CenterPoint Properties. Also, Platinum Sponsor, ARCO/Murray was involved in this transaction as the builder.
*Honorable Mention: John Suerth, SIOR represented Yusen Logistics and David Bercu, SIOR represented Platinum Sponsor Duke Realty valued at $18,000,000.
- Largest Dollar Volume Investment Transaction – John Huguenard, SIOR of Jones Lang LaSalle, represented KP JV for the 11 building portfolio sale of 3,515,000 square feet totaling $138,000,000. This transaction involved three additional SIOR’s from Pennsylvania and Indiana.
*Honorable Mention: John Huguenard, SIOR also represented Platinum Sponsor, First Industrial on the sale of a 2,982,959 square foot portfolio valued at $39,025,000.
- Largest Dollar Volume Land Transaction – There were seven land deals this year – Mark Goode, SIOR; Roy Splansky, SIOR; and Steve Milner, SIOR represented the seller and the purchaser for 350 acres of land in Park 88, DeKalb, IL for $9,650,000. Platinum Sponsors, Venture One LLC and Clayco, Inc., participated in this transaction.
- Most Transactions Completed by a Platinum Sponsor with Chicago SIOR members – (Chapter Overall – 98 transactions totaling $446,109,336 with 43 members) Individually: ProLogis with 52 transactions.
Source: RE Journals