I love my job. No really, I love my job. Sure, the money is good, and the hours are reasonable. Also, the freedom to work with who I choose is hard to beat. But what really excites me is the knowledge that I play a role in helping companies grow, which leads to more workers that get paid better than before. My favorite memories have all occurred at ground-breaking ceremonies (of which I’ve been involved in a dozen). Invariably, the owner of the company tells those gathered that outside of his marriage and the birth of his children, that this is the greatest day of his life. That the new building will allow the company to reach new heights and create a legacy. What could be greater than being part of that!
My hobby is fairly common – I love to travel. My goal is to be on an airplane once a month. I don’t always achieve that, but I try. Sometimes with my family, sometimes with just my wife. Sometimes with couples, sometimes with just the guys. Friends from high school, college, or work, it doesn’t matter. I just want to be on a plane once a month. Hopefully to a place or event that I’ve never been to before. While I like a nice restaurant or a fancy resort as much as the next guy, I’m probably more comfortable taking public transportation and eating street food, because you get to see how a place really is, not just the brochure version.
“If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.”
Professional Background & Experience
Prior to joining the firm, Chris gained exposure to the field of real estate working as Vice President in industrial real estate for Darwin Realty & Development Corporation for eight years. Prior to this he was founder and partner of JACK Golf Properties LLC where he designed, developed and constructed a 26-acre golf practice center in Justice, Illinois.
Professional Affiliations & Designations
- Licensed Illinois and Indiana Real Estate Broker
- SIOR Board Member
- CoStar Power Broker – Top Broker Award (Multiple)
- NAI Global 2016 Top 10 Producers
- AIRE – Past President
- The Crisis Center for South Suburbia – Board Member
- Recipient of AIRE 2006 Frank Mahoney Newcomer Award of Excellence
A. Finkl & Sons | AMS Mechanical | Ashley Capital | Avgeris | Becknell Development | C-III Realty | Cabot | CenterPoint Properties | Dakkota | DP Partners | First Industrial | Folding Guard | Insulation Fabricators | Leeco Steel | Lincoln Financial | Link | Mirvac | ML Realty Partners | Multi-Wall | National Express | Nufarm Americas | Prologis | RREEF | Skender Construction | STAG | Venture One | Vienna Beef
- A. Finkl & Sons – 508,000 SF
- AMS Mechanical – 232,714 SF (multiple)
- Jacobson Warehouse – 612,015 SF (multiple)
- Multi-Wall – 960,107 SF (multiple)
- Nufarm Americas – 641,216 SF (multiple)
- Ashley Capital – 5,174,743 SF (multiple)
- Becknell Development – 1,761,994 SF (multiple)
- Cabot – 642,455 SF (multiple)
- DP Partners – 763,000 SF (multiple)
- Lincoln Financial – 1,385,633 SF (multiple)
- Link – 644,193 SF (multiple)
- Mirvac – 1,024,147 SF (multiple)
- RREEF – 497,480 SF (multiple)
Scope of Experience
Chris Gary, SIOR is an Executive Vice President with NAI Hiffman specializing in industrial real estate. Chris represents property owners, tenants and buyers in the greater Chicagoland area, helping to create real estate solutions. Chris’ primary areas of focus include properties within the Southern Chicago suburban industrial markets and Indiana. In his career, Chris has completed over 350 deals, totaling over 27,000,000 square feet and nearly $650,000,000 in value. He has also served as president of the Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers and was named a CoStar PowerBroker 2014 – 2018.
T 630 693 0694