My work philosophy has always been to treat people the way that I would want to be treated, because an ethical approach to business and life in general will never get you in trouble. I strive to work with people that subscribe to this philosophy as well. I have worked hard to prove to my clients that I will do what I promise. It has been this approach to my business that has been rewarded with many loyal clients. By working with clients that I can truly call “friends,” I question whether that can even be called “work” at all.
I am a very goal-oriented person in business, but have never let my professional success be at the detriment of my personal happiness. My family (wife – Colleen, daughter – Lauren and son – Brandon) loves the outdoors. Snowboarding, biking, hiking and camping are just a few of the activities that we cannot get enough of. We love to travel and find that we most often gravitate to destinations where nature takes center stage. However, when not yodeling from the top of a mountain, my guilty pleasure is karaoke. Please don’t ask me what my go-to song is…. the list is way too long!
“Life is either a great adventure or nothing.”
Professional Background & Experience
Prior to joining NAI Hiffman, John spent 3 years with The Staubach Company, a commercial Brokerage firm which worked exclusively with tenants of real estate.
Professional Affiliations & Designations
- Licensed Illinois Real Estate Broker
- CCIM Candidate
- Cadence Premiere Logistics – 45-acre Built-to-Suit
- COM2 Recycling Solutions – 850,000 SF (multiple)
- Silgan – 200,000 SF (multiple)
- Greenlee Textron – 200,000 SF
- Reebie Moving & Storage – 170,000 SF
- Berkowitz Enterprises – 100,000 SF
- ITW – 100,000 SF
- Centimark Corp – 80,000 SF (multiple)
- Velux – 60,000 SF
- Tropicana – 50,000 SF
- ML Realty Partners – 1,230,000 SF (multiple)
- Duke Realty – 495,000 SF (multiple)
- DCT – 290,000 SF (multiple)
- GLP – 250,000 SF (multiple)
- Cordoba Properties – 200,000 SF (multiple)
- Principal Financial Group – 180,000 SF
- Clear Height Properties – 170,000 SF (multiple)
- Liberty Property Trust – 145,000 SF
- Westmount – 120,000 SF (multiple)
Scope of Experience
John Whitehead is an Executive Vice President with NAI Hiffman’s Industrial Services Group. His focus is on new business development with an emphasis on assisting clients with strategic real estate planning, financial analysis and market research. John handles both product and tenant representation predominately in the I-88, I-55, Central DuPage, Fox Valley and I-80 corridors.