I was always taught that one thing no one could ever take away from me is my name. My dad would tell me that a lot while he and his partners grew his law firm. When I began my career I took it that mantra seriously. I have spent more than 32 years in the business being collaborative, professional, reasonable, and passionate. Most of all, I honor what I saw and take this business, and the business of being a trusted adviser, very seriously. I get great joy putting people together to make deals and while doing so I make a living at it. To me, when everyone wins it is a good day. I believe that if we communicate well with others we are able to resolve many situations. I make that a part of my practice as well. The ability to communicate, provide trust to my customers & clients and honor my word and integrity is key to the success in the industry and no one can take my name away from me in this industry.
Outside of the office, I am proud to be a dad first and foremost. I am so blessed as parents are with two great kids and I’m very proud of them. I take pride and love being a dad and being with them as a family. One of my most favorite places or hobby in the winter is attending Chicago Blackhawk games at the United Center. It is a time and place where I can “escape” and be entertained for a couple of hours. I love to take people that have never been or had an opportunity to sit in seats where my seat is located. I am now a 32 year season ticket holder with the Chicago Blackhawks.
“When you are balanced you don't wait for opportunities to help your fellow humans. You look for them.”
Professional Background & Experience
Lawrence R. Much is an Executive Vice President and founding Principal of NAI Hiffman. Larry specializes in industrial real estate including building sales, tenant representation, corporate relocation, build-to-suit analysis and consulting. Larry has negotiated lease agreements and purchase/sale contracts for warehouses, manufacturing plants, office buildings and vacant land across the country since 1987.
Larry has completed over 350 transactions ranging in size from 10,000 square feet to 700,000 square feet with a value in excess of $1 billion.
Professional Affiliations & Designations
- Licensed Real Estate Managing Broker, Illinois
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) – Member since 1996
- SIOR President – 2005
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE) President – 2005 ; Member since 1989
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Candidate
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) Member
- Member NAI Industrial Council – 1988 to Present
CenterPoint Properties | CR Laurence | FedEx | IRIS USA | KTR Capital Partners | Madison Partners | Opus Group | Public Storage | Ridge Property Trust | The Missner Group
Awards & Recognition
- 2009 NAIOP Industrial Redevelopment of the Year Award
- 2009 SIOR Largest Dollar Volume Transaction Award
- Tradelane Properties 1,900,000 SF (multiple)
- Principal Real Estate Investors 1,123,000 SF (multiple)
- American Realty Advisors 400,000 SF (multiple)
- U.S. Cold Storage 310,000 SF
- D&W Fine Pak 300,000 SF (multiple)
- Safeway Foods dba Dominick’s 300,000 SF
- FedEx 185,000 SF
- ixmation Cox 185,000 SF (multiple)
- Duke Realty Corporation 170,000 SF (multiple)
- C-III Asset Management 150,000 SF (multiple)
- Catalyst Exhibits 145,000 SF
- Venture One Real Estate 100,000 SF (multiple)