I was drawn to the commercial real estate industry through an internship the summer prior to my senior year of college. Weeks following graduation, I joined NAI Hiffman in June of 2015. The combination of the sales – competitive nature of the business paired with the thought-provoking strategy and solution creation and implementation are what drive my passion for the industry. The entrepreneurial aspect of the business allows me to use my work ethic, organizational skills, communication skills and responsiveness to deliver our clients real time market data and solutions to their real estate problems and goals with a strategic and creative approach that aligns with their business objectives. No two clients are alike, and we focus on the specific needs of each individual client and align our approach with their business to understand the pain points, problems, and short, medium and long term goals to deliver strategies and creative solutions for each client’s specific objectives.
Being a former NCAA athlete, I still enjoy competition wherever possible. In my free time I enjoy playing golf, fishing and spending time with my wife, family, and friends.
“You just can't beat the person who never gives up.”
Professional Background & Experience
As a member of Kelly Disser’s team, Michael assists and consults public and private companies, owners, REITs and developers in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of industrial assets and land across several targeted submarkets within the 1.2 billion square foot Greater Chicago Industrial market and nationally. Michael’s strategies include creation and implementation of creative, thoughtful and strategic solutions that align with clients’ specific business objectives.
Prior to beginning his career at NAI Hiffman, Michael was an Acquisition & Development Analyst intern with The Harp Group. During his tenure with The Harp Group, Michael focused on the underwriting and valuation of multi-market hotel portfolio acquisitions. He is a 2015 graduate of Plymouth State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, graduating summa cum laude, and a minor in Economics and was a four-year member of Plymouth State’s NCAA Hockey Team.
Professional Affiliations and Designations
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, Illinois
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE) Past Board Member
- NCAA Capital One Academic – All American Nominee
- NAIOP Developing Leaders Member
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Candidate
- Active member of Chicago Midwest Meat Association
- Plymouth State University’s Men’s NCAA DIII Ice Hockey Team
Atlantic Packaging | Cabot | Clyde’s Donuts | Core & Main | CPGIO | CR Realty Advisors | Duke Realty | Galaxy Freightline | GoldCoast Logistics | High Street Logistics | Liberty Property Trust | Link Logistics Real Estate | Logistics Property Company | M & J Wilkow | Maybach International Group | ML Realty Partners | Moldex | Omni-Cable | Prismier | Prologis | Provender Partners | Saturn Freight Systems | Standfast Packaging | STRS Ohio
- Provender Partners – 700,000 SF
- Prologis – 520,000 SF (multiple)
- Atlantic Packaging/York Container – 475,000 SF (BTS + multiple)
- Logistics Property Company – 400,000 SF + 30 Acres
- CPGIO – 250,000 SF (multiple)
- STRS Ohio – 250,000 SF (multiple)
- Link Logistics Real Estate – 230,000 SF (multiple)
- Duke Realty – 185,000 SF + 13 Acres
- Clyde’s Donuts – 153,000 SF (BTS)
- High Street Logistics – 130,000 SF + 7.5 Acres
- Cabot – 120,000 SF (multiple)
- ML Realty Partners – 115,000 SF + 8 Acres