I obtained an internship in the commercial real estate industry during my college tenure. This was my first real exposure to the business and I was immediately drawn to the uniqueness of the industry. I joined NAI Hiffman in 2015 and the entrepreneurial and competitive aspect of the business allows me to use my work ethic, organizational skills, communication skills and responsiveness to deliver our clients real time market data and solutions to their real estate problems and goals with a strategic and creative approach that aligns with their business objectives. No two clients are alike and we focus on the specific needs of each individual client and align our approach with their business to understand the pain points, problems, and short, medium and long term goals to deliver strategies and creative solutions for each client’s specific objectives.
I played NCAA collegiate hockey so I like to compete in activities wherever possible. I like to golf and fish in my free time and still play men’s league hockey.
“You just can't beat the person who never gives up.”
Professional Background & Experience
Michael Freitag joined NAI Hiffman’s Industrial Services group in June 2015. As a member of Kelly Disser’s team, Michael assists private companies, owners, individuals, investors and developers in the acquisition, disposition and leasing of industrial assets and land across several targeted submarkets within the 1.2 billion square foot Greater Chicago Industrial Market. Our strategy is to create and implement creative, thoughtful and strategic solutions that align with our client’s specific business objectives.
Prior to beginning his career at NAI Hiffman, Michael was an Acquisition & Development Analyst intern with The Harp Group. During his tenure with The Harp Group, Michael focused on the underwriting and valuation of multi-market hotel portfolio acquisitions. He is a 2015 graduate of Plymouth State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and a minor in Economics and was a four year member of Plymouth State’s NCAA Hockey Team.
Professional Affiliations and Designations
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, Illinois
- Young Industrial Brokers Organization President
- Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE) Member
- NCAA Capital One Academic – All American Nominee
- NAIOP Developing Leaders Member
- Plymouth State University’s Men’s NCAA DIII Ice Hockey Team
Cabot | CPGIO | CR Realty Advisors | Duke Realty | Galaxy Freightline | GoldCoast Logistics | Liberty Property Trust | Link Industrial | Logistics Property Company | M & J Wilkow | ML Realty Partners | Omni-Cable | Prismier | Prologis | Provender Partners | Saturn Freight Systems | Standfast Packaging | STRS Ohio
- Provender Partners – 700,000 SF
- Atlantic Packaging/York Container – 443,000 SF (BTS)
- Logistics Property Company – 400,000 SF + 30 Acres
- Prologis – 300,000 SF (multiple)
- CPGIO – 250,000 SF (multiple)
- Link Logistics Real Estate – 230,000 SF (multiple)
- STRS Ohio – 195,000 SF (multiple)
- Duke Realty – 185,000 SF + 13 Acres
- Clyde’s Donuts – 153,000 SF (BTS)
- Cabot – 120,000 SF (multiple)
- ML Realty Partners – 115,000 SF + 8 Acres
- Liberty Property Trust – 80,000 SF